Re: A soundscape project : k146

Subject: Re: A soundscape project : k146
From: "Rob Danielson" danielson_rob
Date: Wed Jun 7, 2006 3:52 pm (PDT)
Hi Cedric--
I engaged some of your soundscapes a few months ago following up up
on some links on the phonography list. The Lavaud-Gelade recording on
your current blog reminds me of another blissful lakeside piece I
fell in love with-- both feature a wafting jet. I played around with
EQ to exploring Lavaud-Gelade.  The layering in the calls is
incredibly dense-- though one might notice this at first. Some of the
birds, possibly swallows?, have very rapid clear echoes as if there
is a rock wall nearby. Others are reflected from very great
distances. "HiFi" is right. I'm curious about which mic rig,.. the
MKH-20's spaced?  Thanks much for sharing! Your blog is fantastic
too! Rob D.