Re: Interpreting Spectrograms

Subject: Re: Interpreting Spectrograms
From: "Steve Pelikan" pelikan45224
Date: Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:28 am (PDT)
This is basically what the speech recognition programs do. That is, I
think they're based on transformed signals --- the earliest ones were.

The programs that are moderately effective depend on training to learn
to recognize the voice of one person (because we're so variable from
person to person) and do a lot of data sorting and matching as well as
basic signal analysis.

There are some free software packages available that you can experiment
with, but I haven't tried any and couldn't recommend one.