I toned down the fly a little bit by placing a parametric equalizer

Subject: I toned down the fly a little bit by placing a parametric equalizer
notch in equium set narrow and at 205Hz (the second fly). I farther
toned the first fly down by using a notch filter at 215Hz in equium.
(the two flys are not running their wings at quite the same beat rate)
This did not eliminate the flys, though that could be done by a similar
method as their buzzing does not overlap any other wanted sound in
frequency.

This left a cleaner recording, though many calls are badly off due to
whatever was wrong with your sample.
http://loscan.home.mindspring.com/DawnChorus-es.mp3

I agree with others, unless your purpose is to present a cleaned call of
a single species, limit your filtering primarily to things like man made
noise (though one could say that belongs too).

If you can ID that problem in the recording, which could be when
recorded but is more likely either in transfer to computer or in
encoding to mp3, the recording sounds like it's pretty good.

Always focus on getting the best recording in the field. Assume you
can't remove anything with filtering.