[gear] source for a less expensive Hi-MD recorder

Subject: [gear] source for a less expensive Hi-MD recorder
From: "oryoki2000" <>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 23:55:26 -0000
Recently I did some searching for inexpensive Hi-MD recorders for a
member of this list.  Through eBay, I found a company in southern
California selling new MZ-NH700 recorders.  This model was sold in
Europe, Japan and Australia about a year ago, but it was not marketed
in USA (we got the similar NHF800 instead).

The California company is selling the MZ-NH700 for $130, including
two-day shipping.  You can negotiate a lower price if you buy several
recorders.  If you're interested, send me email here:
and I will put you in touch with the company.

Details about the NH700, including photos and a link to an electronic
version of the owner's manual, are available from Minidisc.org:
http://www.minidisc.org/part_Sony_MZ-NH700.html

The NH700 is powered by a rechargeable AA cell, which is included in
the price.  Because the recorder was intended for use outside USA, a
110V to 220V mains power transformer is included.

The warranty for the new machine is one year.  Rather than send the
machine to Sony, you are instructed to send the machine to the
southern California company.  They will handle the arrangements with Sony.

The usual disclaimers apply: I have no financial interest in this in
any way, and I don't know the people involved with the company selling
the product.  I'm just a satisfied customer.

--oryoki

[Note to Rob D.: This company also has MZ-NH900s for $190]