Re: Touching Base

Subject: Re: Touching Base
From: Lang Elliott <>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 11:13:56 -0500
Bernie:

Hello there! First off, I want to apologize for never sending the support
letter you requested. I have no excuse other than saying, "it's been a
difficult year."

What are you up to? And have you made progress concerning where your
collection will end up being archived?

I'm now extremely busy. I contracted with Houghton Mifflin to do three
books. One on bird song (The Songs of Wild Birds), another on insect song
(The Songs of Insects), and then one of frogs and toads (The Frogs and Toad=
of North America).

I've handed in the design for the bird book, and now I'm working hard on th=
insect book. I have a coauthor, Wil Hersberger, and he is making the projec=
a lot easier for me. But still I'm chugging away every day in order to meet
deadlines.

Spring is upon us here in Ithaca, but I think I will be chained to my
computer this season. I hope to do some recording locally, mostly stereo
parabolic to add new material to my collection of species recordings. I wil=
also be doing some photograhy, though I will focus on wildflowers, rather
than birds. I have an idea for a wildflower book and hope to make
considerable "artistic" progress this season.

Let me know what you guys are up to. Also, if you still need a letter or
anything else from me, please fill me in on the details.

Best,
Lang