(gear) sony mz-rh10 and mz-nh700

Subject: (gear) sony mz-rh10 and mz-nh700
From: "John Hartog" <>
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 17:39:39 -0000
I like my Sony MZ-RH10, the lighted display is great in the low light
hours. There are two things however I don't like =96 the scroll wheel
and the external battery case.=20
For protection from sand and water, I always keep my md recorder in a
small plastic bag and seal it around the cords with a twist tie. I
don't like the scroll wheel because it is hard to scroll through the
menus through a layer of plastic.
I use rechargeable AA's for almost everything, so running off of AA's
is important to me. However the external battery pack on the rh10 is
not all that great mostly because you can't just leave it in place:
the usb and dc inputs are located under the pack so you have to remove
it to upload to a computer or to recharge the internal battery.

If I were to buy an additional recorder I might forget about a lighted
display and get the Sony MZ-NH700: it costs about $80 less than the
rh10, takes an AA internally, and has a jog dial without a scroll wheel.

John Hartog