Nature Recordists Campout: How about one in the Northeast?

Subject: Nature Recordists Campout: How about one in the Northeast?
From: Meena Haribal <>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 16:12:16 -0500
At 03:58 AM 2/26/2006, you wrote:
>There are 4 messages in this issue.
>

>Message: 1
>    Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 10:37:58 +0100
>    From: Yannick Dauby <>
>Subject: Re : European Nature Recordists Campout
>
>Hello Volker,
>
>You may be very interested into french nature recordists organization
>Sonatura.
>They organized last year a meeting, and there is another one planned in
>Pyrennees (south-west moutains) in August.
>People who managed this organization are highly interesting and very
>nice persons.
>
>Sonatura publishes 4 CD by year, including participants recordings.
>
>You may have a look at this website : www.sonatura.com
>But unfortunately it is only in French.
>
>Mail me offlist if you need more informations.
>
>Friendly,
>
>Yannick

Hello all,

I too like Volker feel quite "J" about both Midwest and California have
recording camps. I wish I could go. They both are too far for me to go at
least this year. How about one in the Northeast? I am sure there are enough
people here on this side of Mississippi.  I would love to have one here in
Ithaca,  but Ithaca has become not a great place to record as it seems to
be highway for most international flights. At any given time there would be
three to four planes in the sky.
May be Catskills or Adirondack?

So any suggestions?
Meena

Meena Haribal
Cornell Lab Of Ornithology
159, Sapsucker Woods Road
Ithaca NY 14850
Phone: 607-254-2148, 607-254-4958
Fax: 607-254-2415, 607-254-2104
webpage: http://www.people.cornell.edu/pages/mmh3/
http://www.geocities.com/asiootusloe/
http://birds.cornell.edu/cayugabirdclub/
Current Loc: 42o 25' 44.48" N, 76o 28' 16.90" W Elev 816 ft or 248.7 m
Formerly: 19o 0' 41,65" N, 72o 51' 13.02" E Elev 33 ft or 10m