Re: Hybrid song

Subject: Re: Hybrid song
From: "John Hartog" <>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 18:18:19 -0000
Hi Hannu,
I think I am following your instructions correctly, yet I can't find
the mp3 files - only photos.

John Hartog

--- In  Hannu J=E4nnes
<> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I finally had some time to load some of my bird sound recordings
(slightly over 100 species) from Finland, Estonia and Norway on the
site www.birdphoto.fi. Most of the sounds are of common North European
species, but there are some eastern specialities too like Booted
Warbler, Red-flanked Bluetail etc.
> Perhaps the most interesting (and less often heard) sound is the
'song' of hybrid CapercailliexBlack Grouse. You can heard this sample
by going to folder 'big land birds' ->'Gallinaceous' and opening the
file 'Caperc*Black gr.' Sounds of lekking Capercaillie and Black
Grouse are also available in the 'Gallinaceous' folder for comparison.

> Note that due to small size of the mp3 files (64bit/sec) some of the
more 'complicated' vocalisations (like songs of Locustella warblers)
may sound a bit unnatural, and I need to work on these later.