compilation of N. American bird recordings for field guide

Subject: compilation of N. American bird recordings for field guide
From: "wdthrsh" <>
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2006 18:36:26 -0000
Hello,

Last summer I posted a note to this group requesting recordists to
consider submitting their bird song recordings for inclusion in a low
cost electronic field guide.

The resulting field guide is described at

   http://www.eduneer.com/

and includes 552 recordings of 409 species.  There are still 287
species without any recordings in the compilation.  These species are
listed at

   http://www.eduneer.com/peck/peck_recording_wanted.pdf

If you have recordings of any of them, please reconsider submitting
them to me for inclusion in the Peck bird information manager
application.  The application enforces copy protection by encrypting
the recordings according to the unique ID of the SD card that stores
them.  Presently the recording royalty is set at $4 out of the $14.95
high resolution multimedia price but is set every three months by a
vote among the recordists.  See

   http://www.eduneer.com/peck/vote_recordist.html

for voting details.

Best regards,