Significant Improvements to Sonic Stage

Subject: Significant Improvements to Sonic Stage
From: Rob Danielson <>
Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2006 10:10:52 -0600
Thanks Mark! Some features that might be relevant: 1) You can now
create .wav files from material recorded through the optical digital
input.  2) The ".oma" files created when you first import a recording
into SonicStage remain accessible for conversion to .wav at any
point. For people using HiSP for long recording times, this means you
can be backed-up by saving just the 1/5 sized .oma file. 3) Sony has
introduced a lossless ATRAC based compression format that could have
significant "in-house" storage and sharing applications between two
HiMD-equipped recordists. 4) In general, there are fewer restrictions
on what one can transport the 1GB HiMD disks.

Perhaps most important, this indicates that Sony is listening to what
_recordists_ need and may point to continued support of HiMD
products. For those who want to take a minute to express appreciation
and perhaps make suggestions about future HiMD models, messages I've
posted  through=20
http://esupport.sony.com/EN/feedback/emailform-cons.html  have
reached the right ears. Just enter an HiMD model like "NH900" A
serial number is not required. Rob D.

  =3D =3D =3D =3D

--
Rob Danielson