Early SD 744T recommendation

Subject: Early SD 744T recommendation
From: Rob Danielson <>
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 08:26:14 -0600
I just got my 744T back from Sound Devices with the most recent
hardware and firmware upgrades and I was pleasantly surprised by a
number of non-critical but useful improvements including improved FW
transfer rates. Sound Devices seems to have done some things on their
test bench that my unit did not realize through on-line firmware
upgrades.  My 744T is a very early unit so other's experiences may
differ significantly. You can talk with a tech person about the
likely benefits with your unit. I don't mean to start a deluge of
requests on SD! There was no charge as mu unit was still under
warranty. Rob D.