More on how we use our recordings

Subject: More on how we use our recordings
From: Greg Clark <>
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2005 10:30:02 -0700
Hello all,

Like other members of this fine group I have a web site that provides bird=

recordings and bird photographs for public education. I have a book project=

for southern Arizona birds that includes a CD of the bird recordings and
this book is printed on a color printer, the pages are put into 3-hole
binders, and the book is distributed for free to children on an Indian
reservation in Arizona. As an extension of this project I asked for grant
money this year to produce a CD for birds in central Arizona for use in
Arizona schools in the Phoenix area. We would put recordings, photographs,=

and fun stuff like games that Steve mentioned on his previous post. Our
plan was to provide this CD to 50% of all the 5th grade students in
Maricopa County (where Phoenix is located). As Phoenix is one of the
largest cities in the US there are tens of thousands of fifth grade
students. The creation of the content was going to be done for free;
production, and distribution of the CD was going to be covered by the
grant. Basically, the CD was to be free to the students. I was not able to=

get funding through the source I chose (they funded some of my other
projects, but not that one.) Now that I know Steve has already done
examples of some of the things we also wanted to do, I will be talking to
him about how we might be able to use his ideas for our "free CD" project.=

Eventually we will get it funded. I would also like to see the same
material available on the web, so we will create all the material so it can=

be used in both venues. If we place the material on the web first we can
try it out with a large audience and see how useful it is for schools and
which age group is appropriate.

I expect all of the recordings and photographs to come from donated
sources, so without other like-minded recordists a project like this would=

be much more difficult.

Greg Clark