Re: Portadisc file transfer

Subject: Re: Portadisc file transfer
From: "Greg Weddig" <>
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2005 19:24:58 -0000
Hi John,

I have an HHB Portadisc (presumably this is what you are talking
about).  I always transfer my files digitally via the built in USB port.

Depending on your operating system once you plug in the Portadisc to
your computer it should show up as a sound card in your multimedia
configuration page.  Then you need to select it from your audio
editing software as a recording input device, select record in your
software, and hit the play button on the Portadisc.  Verify that your
meters are moving.  100% digital transfer in real time.

If you have more detailed/software specific questions let me know off
list.

--greg weddig
http://www.ourmedia.org/user/627
http://home.earthlink.net/~gweddig