Iowa nature recordists

Subject: Iowa nature recordists
From: "1GDW" <>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 04:27:09 -0000
Tony,
I am from Muscatine and may be able to help a bit.  I do not have
the experience that many of the list members have but I would be
happy to correspond with you.  Many of the list members have very
expensive gear.  As a beginner it is hard to justify a ton of money
when you do not know what to expect regarding results.

There are many techniques used to capture sound so it helps to
explain exactly what you want to record when posting to the list.
You will usually get more responses when you are specific with your
questions.

When you see reference to stereo recordings or two microphone setups
they are wiring two microphones into one recorder.  The recorders
are capable of recording two tracks at once or recording one track.

I am sure I can help with many of your questions and you need not be
embarrassed with them.  If I can not answer them I can give you
ideas which you can explore and then post to the list for more
opinions.

Gerald "Jerry" White

PS; use my primary address which is