Re: Creative Jukebox Nomad 3 or Hi-MD???

Subject: Re: Creative Jukebox Nomad 3 or Hi-MD???
From: Rob Danielson <>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 08:32:44 -0600
At 11:59 AM +0100 11/29/05, David Shepherd wrote:
>Dear all
>   I've been sifting through the  archive.  A while ago someone
>mentioned that the Creative Jukebox can  record uncompressed files
>and that it will transfer digitally via USB to the  computer.
>
>   I've read a few reviews and looked at the specs.  And it seems
>that it  does indeed to do this.
>
>   Are any people on the group using these in the field?
>
>   And would you recommend this or a Hi-MD?
>
>   I'm on a very limited budget and if the jukebox does enable me to
>record and  transfer audio digitally then I think I'll get one as it
>has 20GB storage.
>
>   Thanks in advance
>
>   David

Leonard, at Sonic Studios, has some observations:
http://www.sonicstudios.com/page38.html

I noticed in a brief search that (other unknowns aside), the signal
to noise specification for the "recording section" is stated as 97dB.
which, if correct, would be noisier than HiMD and probably most MD
recorders.  They are being used, however, for the reasons you state
though less likely for high gain nature recording.  Rob D.