Re: low voltage DC phantom (was new firmware for M-Audio Microtrack 24

Subject: Re: low voltage DC phantom (was new firmware for M-Audio Microtrack 2496
From: Rob Danielson <>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 12:43:01 -0600
One would think that a good phantom circuit would be easy to include
like a good mic pre, but the demands might be at odds with small size
and the low DC voltages involved. The 722 and 744 had phantom issues
all the way through beta testing and they're ~11 volts and up. There
are quite a few audio interfaces/pres that the run on AC wall warts
apparently because of phantom powering demands. Len Moskowitz cited
likely problems with the MT24/96's phantom when he first laid eyes on
it.  Are there other ~3-4 volt DC voltage devices that have good
phantom circuit performance besides the Sound Devices MP2 and MixPre?
Rob D

--
Rob Danielson
Film Department