RE: HiMD Models (was Putting mindisc recordings on to my pc

Subject: RE: HiMD Models (was Putting mindisc recordings on to my pc
From: Rob Danielson <>
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 11:14:37 -0600
At 1:53 PM +0100 11/19/05, David Shepherd wrote:
>  the new Hi-MD players will allow you to import files digitally.
>   I am about to purchase one but as yet haven't figured out which is best=
.

http://www.minidisc.org/part_Hi-MD_Sony.html
Has a comparison chart. It doesn't include the older NH900 model and
the new mac models.

For comparisons discussions about all of the HiMD models:
http://forums.minidisc.org/index.php?showforum=3D60

For PC, many are going with the MZ-RH10 in order to get the remote
control and the larger, brighter LCD display (which I understand is
still not easy to read in bright sunlight).  The microphone preamp
quality in all of the models is identical, including the cheapest
model, the MZ-RH910.  None of the models thus far have a quick manual
record feature  which is a disappointment. As menu interaction is
inevitable, some people still prefer the NH900 model's metal case and
this model might have a slightly more headphone output than the 910,
but both are adequate.

It looks like Sony is discontinuing the HiMD line, so if you put a
lot of hours on your recorders maybe consider buying two.

The HiMD discussion forum index is at:
http://forums.minidisc.org/index.php?

The manual for the Rolls PB244 to use the HiMD with phantom-powered
condenser mics
http://www.rolls.com/data/pb224man.pdf

The 2-XLR->1/8" miniplug Adapter Cable to get from the Rolls to the
HiMD mic input:
http://www.audiogear.com/cgi-bin/shopper.cgi?key=3DAdptMniSP2Fxlr&preadd=3D=
action

Rob D.