Re: Re: Boundary Mics & Low Hz (was <$500US/pair...

Subject: Re: Re: Boundary Mics & Low Hz (was <$500US/pair...
From: umashankar <>
Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2005 23:41:31 -0800 (PST)
a flush mounted omni in fact works exactly like a pzm
microphone. i cannot offhand refer to them but there
are several papers and articles pointing this out.

think of this: at the boundary, the direct and
reflected sound are essentially in phase, and the omni
microphone is sampling this. in what way can the
direction in which it points really matter?

umashankar

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/PMYolB/TM

http://mail.yahoo.com