RFI - 10 sec recordings

Subject: RFI - 10 sec recordings
From: "Alison" <>
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2005 15:45:41 -0000
Hi Everyone,

I haven't been around in a while and still have not gotten any
recording equipment, but that will be my holiday present to myself.

Anyway, I have a request. I am doing a PowerPoint Presentation on
Saturday for a local environmental group and thought it would be cool
to illustrate it with bird and ambient sounds.

I checked Doug's site and of course lots of great potential there.
Doug did you get my request for use? I haven't heard back from you.

I have not found recordings of Dark-eyed "Oregon" Junco, Savannah
Sparrow, Eared Grebe, or Lawrence's Goldfinch. BTW, the mystery
recording from Muir Woods sounds like an Oregon Junco.

All of these species are found on the Kern River Preserve as well as
290 more.

BTW, if any of you would like to record on the preserve, please
contact me. The Kern River Preserve just expanded by 1662 acres and
there is lots of new habitat to record in. I can arrange housing for a
few people at a time.

Thanks in advance to all who can help.

Ali

Alison Sheehey - volunteer Outreach Director
Audubon California Kern River Preserve
P.O. Box 153
Weldon, CA 93283