Re: Equipment maintenance?

Subject: Re: Equipment maintenance?
From: Lou Judson <>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 08:29:30 -0700
VERY intelligent questions, Estelle!

1. Caig Pro Gold is the best (http://www.caig.com/) and I use it
religiously every few years :-) or whenever connections are flaky.

2. NEVER kink your cables. Personally, the only time I carry anything
with it plugged in is when it is over my shoulder ready to go. But then
I also make nice neat little coils of every wire no matter how small
they are, and use velcro ties to keep them that way. I'm known for
trying to keep the gear extremely organized...

3. - in my stage and studio work, I find one thing consistently:
Musicians wad their wires into soft bags, and engineers coil them
neatly and organize them into cases. Guess who spends the most time
untangling them when they could be playing? And guess who takes a
little longer to pack up, but much less time setting up and replacing
cables? And who likes Monster=AE type lifetime guarantees, and who never
has cables go bad?

Obviously I put a lot of thought into this kind of thing...

<L>

Lou Judson =95 Intuitive Audio
415-883-2689