RE: Wind Protection

Subject: RE: Wind Protection
From: "Allen Cobb" <>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 08:46:44 -0500
Just a quick notion -- while building blimping for various
purposes, I've found that you can get a fairly good idea of the
overall effect on passed signals by just holding a section of
material over your ears. In fact, I built a binaural windscreen
out of a pair of earmuffs many years ago, by carefully removing
bits of the fakefur muff's backing material. Just wearing the
muffs provided an effective way of getting an initial read on
how much attenuation they created. (The "listening" test doesn't
give much insight into the LF buffeting, however, since our ears
already deal with that amazingly well.)

ac

Allen Cobb (Fairfield IA)

http://acobb.com