M100 & MD USB Transfers (was PMD670 Oade

Subject: M100 & MD USB Transfers (was PMD670 Oade
From: Rob Danielson <>
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 01:15:20 -0500
Thanks Marty and oryoki- I got the mods and
models straight now. That certainly is a lot for
a recorder that immediately needs an expensive
mod.  The ECM-DS70P  [34dB(A) self noise and
10mV/Pa sensitivty] that comes with the M100
seems to perform better than the specs would
suggest. Nice stereo field for such a tiny rig

First I've heard about being able to transfer MD
disks with an M100. Mono only sounds like a
software bug if Sony does intend MS transfer to
be an option. The disc formats are different and
the M100 sheet I read suggested it wouldn't do
this, but maybe they enhanced thet altered the
disc reading capability in some way that allows
data access without file type or header info. Do
the standard MD disks mount on the mac desktop?
Might even be as as simple as a header change if
one knows how to address the Atrac file.  Maybe
someone can check the HiMD forum for these
developments or post a  question. Gotta run. All
my classes start tomorrow.  Thanks for the
clarifications. Rob D.

=3D=3D=3D=3D