RE: Montezuma Quail story

Subject: RE: Montezuma Quail story
From: "Kevin Colver" <>
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2005 10:35:45 -0600
Martyn,
The Birds of North American monograph on the Montezuma Quail mentions
that there exists some confusion about whether males or females make
certain calls.  The calls can be ventriloqual and the quail are
secretive.  It would be helpful if someone could clearly document
whether the male or female makes this call.  I would be interested in
knowing if someone has captive birds that could clarify the issue?
Kevin