Re: Mystery mammal calls (France)

Subject: Re: Mystery mammal calls (France)
From: "John Hartog" <>
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2005 22:47:01 -0000
My best guess is it's a weasel - though, I've ony heard weasels
once.

It was a couple years ago on my very first day of recording with
my own equipment.  I was walking up an old logging road with
headphones on, a minidisc recorder in one hand, and and a
microphone in the other.
I began to to hear some squeeking voices from the side of the
road, so I froze in my tracks and started recording.  To my
amazement , three small weasels (pups I guess) came out from
the brush for a while and wove around my feet in a very friendly
and playful manner and then returned to the bruh.  They had the
most delightful voices and I caught the whole event in stereo.=20

Later that day while checking out the features of my new minidisc
recorder, I accidentally erased the whole thing.=20
-John Hartog

--- In  Julian PICHENOT