Re: Source for NH-900 HiMD's

Subject: Re: Source for NH-900 HiMD's
From: "oryoki2000" <>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 12:20:06 -0000
Rob Danielson <> wrote:
> ...Sony NH-900 HiMD recorder...$200.

The MZ-NH900's big jog dial reminds me of my beloved Aiwa AM-F70,
circa 1999.  Since the NH-900 is discontinued and getting hard to
find, also look at Sony's replacement, the MZ-RH910.  It's widely
available for $175.  No big jog dial, however, and the case is plastic.

My current favorite Hi-MD recorder is Sony's top of the line, the
MZ-RH10.  I love its big, bright OLED display.  It's much more legible
than the LCD displays on all other minidisc machines.  That makes it
worth the $240 price that several online retailers advertise.

So far as I can tell, the preamp section and recording mechanism in
all Hi-MD recorders is the same.  The Hi-MD recorders may differ in
features and layout, but they produce the same quality linear PCM or
ATRAC recordings.

--oryoki