Re: MD

Subject: Re: MD
From: Aaron Ximm <>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 14:45:33 -0700 (PDT)
> > I've been searching the net but without success for a MD holder that wi=
ll
> offer some protection and hold the mic and headphones conections tight to
> the MD and prevent inevitable movement that will break them in the end. I
> seem to remember someone mentioned something regarding this a couple of
> years ago but can't find the mail either.

Strong velcro tape and/or velcro straps works well; I have a velcro strap
permanently attached to my little preamp which wraps around my MD, and by
holding the cable fast also effectively pins my right-angle plugs into my
MD and preamp.

Fwiw I recently made a dandy very water-resistant pouch for my iPod and
earphones using only ducktape and velcro tape -- it's an envelope design
with several parallel lines of velcro to insure a tight close.

I expanded on the design slightly for my wife's similar pouch by making
"wings" for the fold down top that actually wrap around and "hug" the back
of the pouch, which are also velcro-lined -- I think it could take even a
solid splash of water :).

Perhaps with a judiciously reinforced "port" hole for mic cables this
would work for you too?

To illustrate (proportional font required. :)

   FRONT VIEW                        REAR VIEW

 ______________                   _______________
 |+_ ------ _+|   <-- top  -->    |__         __|
    |+++++++|                        |--   --|  <-- velcro for top flap

                + and - show velcro

 best
   aaron

  http://www.quietamerican.org