Bright-rumped Attila

Subject: Bright-rumped Attila
From: "Andres M. Cuervo" <>
Date: Sat, 09 Apr 2005 14:56:43 -0400
Dear all,

This is not a technical question. I'm writing to request sound
recordings of the Bright-rumped Attila (Attila spadiceus), a very vocal
and conspicuous Neotropical bird; and very easy to record.

I'm specifically looking for unprovoked songs and calls (not after
playback). Recordings from South American are most wanted (from either
side of the Andes). Yet, recordings from elsewhere are very welcome
(e.g. Costa Rica-Panam=E1).

These recordings will be used for research. I'm trying to understand
patterns of geographic variation in this *highly variable* species. I
have some sort of evidence suggesting that vocal variation in this
Attila is clinal (i.e. gradual along its range) and not discrete as
suggested in a recent article.

I'm happy to receive recordings of any quality. Your help would be
greatly appreciated.

Best wishes and good recording,
Andr=E9s.

--
ANDR=C9S M. CUERVO
Department of Biology           787-764-0000 ext (1)4882