Has any one tried WL 93

Subject: Has any one tried WL 93
From: "david" <>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 12:34:55 -0000
Hi all
With so much talk with WL 183 lately has any one compared them with
the 93 WL. From the specs they seem to be simular with some difference
in the frequency curve but there is a big differece in size. Does that
equate to quality?
For those DIY mic people, it has 4 pin connector (TA4F) which I assume
is the same as the C122 cable. If thats the case were does one find
TA4M connector as I couldn't find it on Shures web site or is it
easier to cut the connector off and replace it with a 3.5 jack.

I intend to use in a reflector recording mainly birds plus any thing
of interest I may pass. Im recording on sharp minidisk.

Why WL 93. I successfully bidded on what was described as WL 184. The
plan was to use the cable and replace the cartridge with an 183 but I
recieced a WL 93 instead. They described in wrong. The joys of E-Bay.
Its a case giving it a go or send it back.
=20=20=20