Re: rabbit-ears Kroodsma

Subject: Re: rabbit-ears Kroodsma
From: Walter Knapp <>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 19:07:04 -0500
From: Don Kroodsma <>

>          The future? Being able to think about birdsong full time is an
> extraordinary gift. I'm retracing the TransAm bike route (with my paper
> clip) to get higher quality recordings, recording this summer from the
> Mississippi River to the Pacific, I hope.

Who knows, we might cross paths. I leave in April for the Pacific,
coming back sometime in late May - early June. I'll be going more
southerly going out, coming back via a more northerly route which is, at
yet, not really planned. Hope to get some frog recordings, and anything
else interesting. And lots of photos too.

I've never done the TransAm, but used to do BRAG every year. (across
Georgia by bike in a week) I was even their routefinder for several
years. I now ride a Greenspeed touring trike when out biking. Much more
comfortable.