Marantz PMD660 in stock

Subject: Marantz PMD660 in stock
From: "oryoki2000" <>
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2005 06:38:24 -0000
I received a note from B&H Photo/Video tonight, reporting that the
Marantz 660 is (finally) in stock, price $499.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/sitem/sku=362023&is=REG&BI=15&kw=MAPMD660

Specs on Marantz's European web site show the 660 being roughly
equivalent to the PMD670, that is, pretty mediocre in the mic pre
department.  Despite this, several members of this group have reported
satisfactory results using the 670 in the field.  I'm happy with the
PDM670, and my colleague in Venezuela has successfully used one with a
Telinga mic for hundreds of hours of recordings under tropical
conditions.  Good stuff!

--oryoki