Looking for Northern Bullfinch (Pyrrhula pyrrhula pyrrhula) recordings

Subject: Looking for Northern Bullfinch (Pyrrhula pyrrhula pyrrhula) recordings
From: "Laloux, Dominique" <>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 08:56:41 +0100
Hi,
What looks like a sub-species of Bullfinch has been spotted in several regions
of Belgium in the last 10 weeks. What attracted the attention is their call,
which is quite different from the call of our local Bullfinch.
I have been able to record some calls last Sunday and these, when compared with
other recordings, appear to confirm that the visitors are Northern Bullfinchs
Pyrrhula pyrrhula pyrrhula.
My recordings are at http://www.soundsnatural.be/index.php?r=174
We compared them with these http://ddkkk.1g.fi/pyrpyr/pyrpyr.htm recorded by
Annika Forsten & Antero Lindholm in 2002, in the Komi Republic, northeast
European Russia.
Does anyone have similar calls recorded somewhere else in Northern Europe ?
Thanks,
DL