winged take offs

Subject: winged take offs
From: "Rich Peet" <>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 22:32:37 -0000
Reading and hearing the dove clip led me back to the smaller and more
together guys.

What I find just hard to understand on this take off is the reaction
time of all of these little guys.

On this wing take off clip as well as others at the same site I could
not hear the difference between the first bird and the last in take off.

By eye I could not see the difference either.  They seemed perfectly
together.  This is about 20 birds.

Anyone find a way to use audio to clock the reaction time of birds?

linked is <200 kb download.  About 30 Common Redpolls at a feeder.
http://home.comcast.net/~richpeet/wings.mp3

I will try and get better without the huge wind of the day. I am still
grounded.

Rich