Marantz PMD670: Your experience??

Subject: Marantz PMD670: Your experience??
From: "Terry King" <>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 14:02:47 -0000
It's been about 6 months since a major discussion of this Flash Card
based recorder.  I'm having a hard time thinking thru a decision on
$300 or so for a better MD recorder, and the $700 for the PMD670.

The Marantz has a number of things I really like, such as direct PC
USB Connection, many sample rates/formats, XLR/Phantom Power inputs,
and remote control while it's in, say, a backpack.  But then there's
the $$

Can some of you with field experience with the PMD670 please update us
about what you are thinking these days about this unit?  Thanks!