RE: Recording Mexico

Subject: RE: Recording Mexico
From: Fernando Gonz=E1lez Garc=EDa <>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2005 19:17:19 -0600
Hi Gregory, you can some information about possible recording sites in the
following book: Howell, S. N. G. 1999. A Bird-finding guide to Mexico.
Cornell University Press.
Wheatley, N. and D, Brewer. 2001. Where to watch Birds in Central America,
Mexico and the Caribbean. Princeton University Press.

Some another places could be:
Reserva de la Biosfera El Cielo, Tamaulipas.
Centro de Investigaciones Costeras La Mancha, Veracruz.
Reserva de la Biosfera Santa Martha, Veracruz.
Around Xalapa y Coatepec, Veracruz
Around TEcolutla, Veracruz
Near Veracruz city, Veracruz
Around Catemaco, Veracruz
Near Las Choapas, City, Veracruz
Near Amatlan de los Reyes, Veracruz (if you want record Sumichrast wren and
other tropical birds)
Reserva de la Biosfera Pantanos de Centla, Tabasco
Parque Nacional ca=F1on del Sumidero, Chiapas
Reserva de la Biosfera El Triunfo, Chiapas
Reserva de la Biosfera La Encrucijada, Chiapas
Reserva de la Biosfera El Ocote, Chiapas.

Anyone know about access issues like public vs. private lands in Mexico?

In the public and private lands of Mexico one can have access requesting a
permission. The permission is alone to request that they allow him to pass
to be able to make some recordings, this is generally to make it in the
private lands. In the public lands it is not necessary a permission, but if
it is good to talk with people that lives in these places so that they know
that you want to make. It is recommended to explain on that consists the
recording of sounds and what I sometimes do, is to allow them that they hea=
the sounds when I am recording and I explain to them the equipmente and as
it works. This causes trust. So, some Spanish words will be very important.