Re: shure WL183s

Subject: Re: shure WL183s
From: Dan Dugan <>
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2004 15:56:35 -0700
>I just ordered two WL183s from amazon.com for $70.99 each
>
>http://www.amazon.com/gp/search.html/ref=br_ss_/104-6307546-9319103?page=1&url=rh%3Da%3A11091801%2Ck%2Ck%26node%3D11091801&keywords=WL183&x=15&y=13
>
>I hope I ordered the right thing, and didn't overlook a better deal
>elsewhere.

Looks like the right thing to me, and a good price. Note that the
tiny-xlr connectors on the mics will be female. For some reason in
the wireless mic world the genders are reversed.

>6/24/04 Dan Dugan wrote:
>"... I can make adaptors for the WL-183, the raw version with the
>TA4 connector, or remove the connectors to "Y" them both
>directly into a mini-stereo, the way SP packaged them."
>
>I think I want an adaptor that works with the raw version.  Any
>suggestions of where to shop for the necessary adaptor parts?
>John Hartog

You can get a couple of TA4M connectors for your adaptor from Mouser
Electronics, 800 346 6873, their number 502-TA4M. The best
mini-stereo connector is the Switchcraft right-angle one, Mouser no.
502-35HDRABAU, but it was a non-stock item last time I ordered. If
they won't sell you just one, I have them in stock.

-Dan Dugan