Re: AES meeting in San Francisco 10/28-31

Subject: Re: AES meeting in San Francisco 10/28-31
From: Wild Sanctuary <>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2004 10:06:46 -0700
Also, I'm leading a workshop titled FIELD RECORDING IN THE WILD which
will take place between 1 - 3PM on Thursday, the 28th of October and
will feature Rob Danielson (from the Univ. of Wisconsin and whom you
all know), Ann Kroeber (recordist and sound mixer for the Sol Zaentz
group in Berkeley), Charlie Fox (Assoc. Prof. Univ. of Regina in
Canada) who has some new four-channel field tech he will be
introducing, and Judy Rocchio (director in the west for the National
Park Service soundscape program). Here's the abstract:

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
Thursday, October 28, 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
W2  FIELD RECORDING IN THE WILD
Chair:
Bernie Krause - Wild Sanctuary, Glen Ellen, CA - USA
Abstract:

Natural soundscapes comprise one of the most fragile and quickly
disappearing acoustic constituencies of our planet. This workshop
will address the issues of what we once had, what we've lost within
the lifetimes of most field recordists capturing natural soundscapes,
and the extraordinary lengths to which recordists are compelled to go
to capture what's left.

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

See you all there!

Bernie Krause

--

Wild Sanctuary, Inc.