Re: FW: bwav

Subject: Re: FW: bwav
From: Jeremiah Moore <>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 12:16:09 -0700
>From where I sit, BWAV is definitely becoming the standard in the pro
world.  (it's about time!  The industry is always lagging the users
by years)  Fancy field recorders like DEVA and HHB write timecode and
scene/take data to soundfiles using BWAV standards, for instance.
Digidesign has embraced it in Pro Tools (version 6 and up, OSX only).

I'd like to find a lightweight, scriptable app which can read and
write BWAV metadata, controlled by a database.  Soundminer I'm sure
does a great job, but I'm looking for something simpler and smaller.

If anyone's interested, I'll post ProTools BWAV files for comparison.

Why does this stuff geek me out?  Sometimes I think it's just a
matter of getting computers to do what you thought they always should.

-jeremiah

jeremiah lyman moore | san francisco | sound+media |
http://babyjane.com/timeweb/
http://northstation.net/ organic, mechanized, organized sound