Looking for flycatcher recordings

Subject: Looking for flycatcher recordings
From: "Ali" <>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2004 06:42:01 -0700
Good Day All,

I am working on a project for the forest service in California where I work
as a seasonal bio tech. My boss has requested that I create a PowerPoint
presentation of Willow Flycatcher sound-alikes. Unfortunately, I only have
recordings of willow flycatchers. Also, if anyone knows of birds other than
flycatchers that might make a fitz-bew sound, that would be fantastic to
know and have a recording of.

Would anyone be interested in donating recordings of Empidonax flycatchers,
Olive-sided Flycatcher, and Western Wood Pewee? The presentation will be
used in west coast forests to train bio tech's such as myself on how to
differentiate Willow Flycatchers from others by voice and appearance?

Any format would be great. Chips, squeaks, calls, and songs all would be
wonderful. On the most wanted list are Gray, Dusky, Hammond's,
Pacific-slope, Willow, and Alder Flycatchers along with Western Wood Pewee
and Olive-sided Flycatcher.

I plan on starting recording next field season and will be asking your
indulgence in picking the nicest low end recorders and associated equipment
to start putting recordings on my website.

Thanks for all the great work you do and especially to Doug for his great
website.

Ali

Alison Sheehey
P.O. Box 153
Weldon, CA
93283

Nature Alley - http://natureali.org
Educating the world about Central California's unique biodiversity.