Re: Great Gray Owl

Subject: Re: Great Gray Owl
From: Barb Beck <>
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2004 16:46:01 -0600
My apologies to the group for replying online (at least for once I
realized it - too old to learn that reply menas reply to all)

Kevin - I am trying to send you a GGOW recording but your email provider
blocks people in Shaws IP space under the guise of calling it spam.  I
have a perfectly legitimate home server and It is not an open relay and
no spam has ever originated from this IP.  Get somebody who can get
messages from me to act as a relay to communicate with me.  I will put
the recording up on   I can get messages from you just cannot reply.
http://owlnut.rr.ualberta.ca/~barb/sounds/

There is both the *.wav (big) and mp3 file there.

PS if you do not want to get spam get the new browser from Mozilla -
Thunderbird.  It is fantastic, easy to use and has a marvelous Baysian
Filter to remove spam (It has some smarts in it to determine what you
consider is spam).  As you get it you mark the spam and TEACH it what
you consider spam.  I get several hundred spam messages a day and this
has knocked it down to just a couple.  It rarely makes a mistake on a
real message and even if it does I just check what it has put in the
junk folder and tell it that it was wrong.  Thunderbird is also much
much safer than reading mail with Billys Outhouse.