Re: mp3 converter and website questions.

Subject: Re: mp3 converter and website questions.
From: Dave <>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 16:34:45 -0700
I use and like the LAME encoder, avalailable as Windows binaries
here:

    http://www.mp3-tech.org/encoders_win.html

This is a command-line only tool.  There's a nice GUI "wrapper"/frontend
called RazorLame that makes using LAME easier on Windows:

    http://www.dors.de/razorlame/index.php

I generally use the --r3mix custom preset, which gives extremely
high-quality sound but only about a 4:1 compression ratio on average.
(This preset is deprecated; examine the output from running
"lame --alt-preset help".)