Re: False ATRAC / MP3 artifacts

Subject: Re: False ATRAC / MP3 artifacts
From: Walter Knapp <>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 16:00:38 -0400
From: Dave <>

> heh ... so what's a good street price for a Portadisc anyway?

Most owners love them and will not sell them. On rare occasion they do
turn up on Ebay. And a mob fights over them, eventually paying near new
if not over new price. At least in the ones I've watched.

I believe someone in the group reported finding a source for seconds. If
I remember right the price was around $1100, but I could be off. Since
I'm not currently buying, I'm not really watching prices.

I bought mine, preordering before they were released. I was in need of a
replacement for my worn walkman recorders. It came out of the first
shipment to the US. There was a fair line. I paid less than list working
through a rep, but not a lot less. My portadisc is developing the look
of a well used machine. No worn paint or scratches, but bit's of dust in
the cracks and so one. The Portabrace case it lives in also now looks
like I use it.