Rich taking all the fun out of life

Subject: Rich taking all the fun out of life
From: "Barb Beck" <>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 10:59:56 -0600
Hey Rich

This is the age of instant gratification. Get with it!! You are supposed to
be able to pick up the GPS location of the bird from a hotline, drive there
in your bush beast, blast away at it with its recorded vocalization until i=
exposes itself, check it off your list then on to the next location as
quickly as possible 8-).  If you are on a trip with a guide it is maximum
ticks that counts - not observing the bird naturally in its habitat. How ar=
you going to be able to brag about your experiences if you did not get an
impressive list on a trip 8-).  Anyway people blasting away incessantly wit=
recorded bird songs only adds experience 8-).  Playback is completely
justified because it is better than setting fire to the habitat so the bird
flies out!! 8-)

Barb Beck
Edmonton