stereo bat sounds

Subject: stereo bat sounds
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2004 11:23:31 +0200 (MEST)
Hi,

I just want to share some of the stereo bat sound recordings that I made
from my balcony last night.

I used a sound activated PC-based recording set-up that registered all bat
passings during the night. Here are some of these recordings (European
Common Pipistrelle, Pipistrellus pipistrellus):

http://www.avisoft-saslab.com/sounds/stereo/pipistrelle1.mp3 (both
echolocation and social calls, 326KB)

http://www.avisoft-saslab.com/sounds/stereo/pipistrelle2.mp3 (echolocation
calls, 173KB)

http://www.avisoft-saslab.com/sounds/stereo/pipistrelle3.mp3 (echolocation
calls, 1186KB)

The two ultrasound microphones where placed close together (about 2 inches).
The angle between them was about 30 degree (these microphones are relatively
directional). There is a wall in front of my balcony that produced the
strong echoes on the right channel.

The initial sample rate was 250 kHz (recorded using Avisoft-UltraSoundGate
416).  I have then set the sample rate in the file headers to 11.025 kHz,
which provides a time-expansion factor of about 22.

Regards,
Raimund Specht