Re: So where does one find the MKH-110 mic?

Subject: Re: So where does one find the MKH-110 mic?
From: "Rich Peet" <>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 05:28:27 -0000
As you may have read I have been playing in multichannel arrays.
I wanted fairly matched, low noise mics for this.
I had a chance to pick up 15 to 20 mkh-110's so I did.
Most are ok, some needed transister replacement. two were beyond
help so I used the parts separately.

The diaphram is not as tight as most mics.  I guess that is part of
the trick to have very low frequency response. So in the wind it is
easier for the diaphram to bottom out which rumbles and even just
cuts out the high freqs when it happens.  It just is a mic that
needs a better windscreen than most.  I like the sound from them but
then I like flat response mics.  I was out recording bats again with
them tonight and they really do pretty good and smooth up to 40,000.

As of right now I am still using them unbalanced but the power
supplies I use do have xlr output connectors on them.

I will retain 8 to 10 for my own use and will get rid of the rest
when I am satisfied with the power supply design that I will furnish
with them and are done reworking them all.  A couple of them are mkh-
110-1 mics as well.

Rich

--- In  "fieldrecordist"