Sound editing software for my PC?

Subject: Sound editing software for my PC?
From: "Donald Weiser" <>
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2004 10:37:48 -0000
Hi, I checked the Archives but found nothing so am asking.  I have my
equipment and I'm now out there trying to record nature.  I get some
good, some bad but most neeed some kind of basic editing, mostly at
the beginning and then at the end.  Can anyone recommend software to
use to edut my MP3 (or WAV) files that won't leave me penniless and
have a steep learning curve?  Thanks in advance. I downloaded a
product called "MP3 WAV Editor" but haven't tried it yet.  A stream I
recorded yesterday after heavy rains can be found at
www.donweiser.com/Brook.MP3
It's 2 minutes long and the first 10 seconds are shaky.
Don