RE: Re: Stereo with Parabola

Subject: RE: Re: Stereo with Parabola
From: "Gene Dorcas" <>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 17:48:41 -0500
How 'bout a Sony ECM-MS907. http://www.minidisco.com/ecm-ms907.html  or you
can get one for $50 to $60 on www.ebay.com

 I just bought one and it works great for an inexpensive stereo mic. I use
it with a MD recorder. The fact that the electret condenser capsules are a
little closer together might enable them to work better in a parabolic
reflector because they will be closer to the focal point. However, if a
slight loss of parabolic gain is permissible the choices you listed may wor=
fine.

I believe the best solution, if at all possible, is to purchase the DAT
Stereo mic mentioned by Walt.  I believe the quality of the mic is one of
the most important consideration in nature recording.

I'm like you in that I have a limited budget. I have been using a homemade
long shotgun in the field but I think a parabolic would work better.  Do yo=
have a source for an inexpensive parabolic reflector?

Gene