Re: taiwan

Subject: Re: taiwan
From: "anchih" <>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 00:37:51 +0800
Hi Yannick,

I'm Taiwanese and often travel around Taiwan. If you got plenty of time, I
would suggest you
take a trip to.. 1. The east coast of Taiwan, Huanlien and Taitung, where
several aboriginal tribes,
beautiful aboriginal singing and many aboriginal driftwood artists reside. The
east coastal road
from north to south is beautiful, secret small places on the way worth your
stopover.
2. Beautiful views and spots along Central Cross-Island Highway, don't miss the
west end, Taroko National Park.
3. Lanyu, the most primitive aboriginal culture Tao is here. Green Island,
another beautiful off-shore
island of Taiwan.
Above three worth three to seven days visit. For one-day trip in the north,
check Chinkashi,
an old gold-mining town next to another lovely old town, Chiufen, both in
Taipei County.

For good place for birds recordings.. Sanyi, a hill town in the mid-west of
Taiwan. There are many
unexplored  mountain valleys, and ruined path due to earthquakes. Quiet and
beautiful.
Contact me privately if you're interested in more.

As for Taipei, there's nothing much to say in stead of politics. But where I
live
(Yang-Ming-Shan, the north mountain area of Taipei) is still good for recording.

Anchih