Re: Sony Fontopia MDR-EX71SL headphone

Subject: Re: Sony Fontopia MDR-EX71SL headphone
From: "Rich Peet" <>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 03:10:58 -0000
For long periods the best is a great fit.
Different heads prefer different shapes of headphones.
You need to find a stereo shop with a wall of headphones to just test
them on your head.

The sony headphones sound great for the money and even the low end
sony's sound pretty good these days.  What you pay for with the very
expensive headphones are not going to matter to you much.  So test
the feel of the cheaper ones.  I say that because you are not going
to care about the sub-bass for your parabola targets and I know you
will not hear the freqs over 15,000 cycles. With the more expensive
ones you do get replacable cords and they are harder to break.

Nature Recordists Campout #2 is "on". Info to follow shortly.

Rich Peet