Re: Outside mic

Subject: Re: Outside mic
From: "Rich Peet" <>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 03:22:18 -0000
Yes I designed one for full year round outside use.  I put it out on
the internet about 16 months ago.  It was called the "hemi".  Build
cost was about $8-$15 total US $.

There was not a lot of interest.  I built about 15 and still have
some around for capture of migration of birds by call notes.  I had a
mono and stereo version.  I will look for the photos and diagrams and
e-mail them about wednesday if they still exsist.  I am going to bed
now and heading out recording in a few hours.

Rich

--- In  "Martyn Stewart"
<> wrote:
> I'm looking to put a mic on the outside of the house to leave
there, anyone
> got any suggestions as to what to use, obviously I don't want to
put my
> MKH's out there or anything like that! Doug, what do you have
outside your
> house, Rich? Anyone?
>
> I'm starting to get some nice calls and I'm hooked onto my Roland
VS2480
> Hard drive recorder, so let it