Re: Alternatives to Minidiscs

Subject: Re: Alternatives to Minidiscs
From: "zplazm" <>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 16:48:33 -0000
--- if I were you I would opt for a laptop solution by purchasing a
really cheap old reliable make laptop of say 300 or 500 MHz with a
decent hard drive.  As long as it has a USB socket then you'll be
able to login all sorts of USB microphones that are amplified
digitally and it will be cleaner and much more flexible than the
nomads perhaps will have a longer battery time.

I would recommend getting a very old Dell laptop from 2001 that can
accept two batteries as these can last eight hours even with a 500
megahertz processor.  Then you can record in cool edit pro and as
long as you have a backpack and have ticked close monitor =3D screen
off in settings it should work great.a good thing about microphones
is that they are USB 1.1 should cost 250 on ebay...